A Hong Kong English teacher blogs

Hong Kong English teacher: "I would like my students to have perfect English. I would like them to be able to write in a variety of styles to meet different requirements, to be able to write complex interesting sentences that are not filled with errors. I would like them to be able to take part in discussions, to be able to argue their points forceably and coherently in English, to be able to give fluent presentations without pronunciation errors, and to be able to converse in English naturally and confidently.

I know this is not going to happen. It is unrealistic. I can have an ideal though."

This self-reflective weblog makes interesting reading - it's another good example of a practising teacher using a weblog to reflect upon teaching, etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning Design in the age of Generative AI

Using recorded Skype conversations as assessment tools

Digital Literacy - Gavin Dudeney